Type special characters in xterm in N900

UPDATE: The build failed because of gcc's multislot USE flag(seed stage has it while catalyst can't set USE for stage3). I was on a trip so there is actually no progress for the last 5 days. Sorry. I have worked around it. Now rebuilding.

First, sudo gainroot.

Then run the following two commands:
/home/user # gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/xterm/key_labels -t list --list-type=string '[Tab,Esc,~,`,|,>,<]'
/home/user # gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/xterm/keys -t list --list-type=string "[Tab,Escape,asciitilde,grave,bar,greater,less]"
Then restart your xterm, you will see the bottom bar looks like the one showing in the following picture:



This picture shows that I am building new stage3 for Loongson 2F, N32 ABI, ;)

Comments

Unknown said…
cool post. works great for me.
rixed said…
Aha, so you are both interrested in the N900 and the loongson ? Funny as I'm currently using both also :)

Anyway, thank you for the tip (and for the new N32 gentoo - when will it be available BTW ?). I noticed I prefer adding more chars in this bar (like = for instance) even if the pulldown menu is a bit ugly its still much easier than to press the Sym key)
Unknown said…
Worked for me as well. Great post! Now how do I banish Ctrl? It already has a hard button.
r0bertz said…
Yes, both N900 and loongson. Just added an UPDATE to the beginning of this blog.
r0bertz said…
Erik, for that I really don't know -_-
andax said…
Just what i was searching for, and a concise solution, awesome :)
Now, for myoptical humans like me, a next step can be embarked in the "How-to: Customizing and theming maemo". To give the GUI surrounding of the shell less space by reducing the font sizes and the bar sizes and maybe more:
http://maemo.org/development/documentation/manuals/3-x/howto_customization_bora/
M. LEE (李晨) said…
Hi, i got a "Permission is denied" error. Is there anything i missed? Thanks.
r0bertz said…
You need root to do this.

Popular posts from this blog

The diff between the original SEC complaint against Ripple and the amended one

Send $SGB (Songbird) to another wallet using a script

Rippled thread cpu usage