silent splash progress bar does not progress

I got a laptop from my employer (Novell) nearly 3 months ago. I installed both Gentoo and SLED in it. I didn't setup fbsplash on it when I installed Gentoo. I tried it today.

However, I found the progress bar in silent mode did not progress. It stayed at "Initializing kernel", 0%.

Finally, I found the reason was that I didn't have "/lib/rc/plugins" directory and as a consequence splashutils openrc plugin splash.so can't be installed into this directory. And that's why the progress bar does not progress.

I think maybe it is a bug in openrc. But I am not sure and I can't investigate it further today, it is already 3 pm. :( So I just left a note here. :)

Comments

Tiburcio said…
Hi there, mate, when first trying out openrc plus splashutils i faced a similar problem. It seems Roy recommends remerging openrc to fix some stuff. I did it and it worked.

See you,

Tibbs.
bitozoid said…
I rebuilt splashutils and the directory appeared. It works now.

Popular posts from this blog

The diff between the original SEC complaint against Ripple and the amended one

Rippled thread cpu usage

Send $SGB (Songbird) to another wallet using a script